Dubai future museum, the latest high-volume search place of the Dubai tourists is now ready for the visitors. Dubai Future Museum also known as The Future Museum of Dubai, which opened on February 22, 2022, is one of the must-visit attractions in Dubai. Welcoming people of all countries and ages, Dubai’s future museum is set to shape a new future.
So, now let’s take a sneak peek into this futuristic attraction of Dubai, the dream city of millions of people. Let’s discover what makes this museum different from all other alluring places of Dubai and the whole Emirates. If you think the Dubai future museum is something ordinary like the usual museums, you are wrong; the Museum of the Future is designed for extraordinary exhibits and bringing some revolutionary changes in the world.
The Museum of the Future
The Museum of the Future is an exhibition space in Dubai where you can find innovative displays, developments, services, and ideas. Located in the Financial District of Dubai, this future museum is founded by the Dubai Future Foundation. The three enticing elements of the Dubai Future Museum are the Green hill which represents the earth, Architecture points to humanity, and the Void denotes unknown future knowledge. Though the museum was set to open in late 2021, the Government of the UAE opened the museum on 22nd February of 2022. This date was chosen precisely because the 22nd of February 2022 is a Palindrome date.
The opened ceremony was launched by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Ruler of Dubai who is the Vice-President and Prime Minister of UAE along with Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Crown Prince of Dubai and Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler, Deputy Prime Minister, and Minister of Finance of Dubai.
The future museum is aimed to facilitate and promote technological innovations and developments, mainly in the fields of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and robotics. Since its inauguration in 2016, the Museum has hosted several individual exhibitions on different themes on the role of technological advancements in different segments.
Interesting Facts About The Museum of the Future
Celebrated as the most beautiful building across the world, Dubai Future Museum was embellished with newfangled light projections on its opening day in 2022.
- As part of the World Government Summit, the Future Museum has conducted several exhibitions since 2016.
- Machinic Life – the Mechanic Life exhibition on sophisticated robots, Hi I am AI exhibition that displayed AI-powered buildings, Climate Change Reimagined: Dubai 2050, and HUMANS 2.0 which explored the concepts of human augmentation are the exhibitions held prior to the official opening of the Museum of the Future.
- The Future Museum has one of the most complex architectural structures, and it was designed by architect Shaun Killa of Killa Design Architecture Studio and developed by Buro Happold, a British engineering consultancy firm.
- Built in stainless steel and glass, this torus-shaped Museum of the Future has been recognised as one of the 14 most beautiful museums in the world by National Geographic.
- Spread across an area of 30,000 square meters, the 77 meters high future museum stands on a man-made hill on the Sheikh Zayed Road, the longest road in the UAE and home to most of Dubai’s skyscrapers.
- The exterior of the future museum that forms glass windows is stunning with Arabic calligraphy. Designed by the artist Mattar bin Lahej, the calligraphy reflects the lines of HH Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. One of the quotes encircling the facade summarises “The future belongs to those who can imagine it, design it and execute it. It isn’t something you await, but rather create.”
- The exterior is made up of 1024 panels which represent 1024 bytes
- You cannot find any corners in the entire building.
- It took 6 years to construct the museum and has 7 floors in total.
What You Can Expect at the Museum of the Future
Dubai Future Museum is a trail to the futuristic world from 50 years now – a journey to 2071. As the three elements of the museum represent, it contributes to better humanity and a powerful global economy through next-generation solutions integrating AI and augmented reality for futuristic lives.
Trailblazing and game-changing technology is what the future museum is built with. It will be a visual and intellectual treat for the guests to the future museum. Like an exclusive sci-fi movie set, the museum is brilliantly portrayed for its visitors and future participants. The Museum of the future will help its visitors to experience, spirituality, space travel and living, climate change and ecology, health, and wellness explicitly throughout its different phases of development.
Apart from the extensive view, the Dubai Future Museum will be home to impressive workshops, talk shows, seminars, and presentations from the world’s innovative minds to address tomorrow’s greatest challenges.
The museum is conceived to house a varied range of technology innovations and groundbreaking displays and a hub for scientists, researchers, and great minds of the world under one roof. The core concept of the Museum of the Future is to develop landmark futuristic solutions for the challenges faced by the world.
Book Your Visit to Dubai Future Museum
Book your tickets to Future Museum on its official website at a price of AED145 per head. Emirati senior citizens, children under the age of three, and people of determination receive complimentary admission.
Kids, especially aged three to ten, can enjoy an open-world experience at the Future Heroes setting, a dedicated space designed to inspire little ones to develop into their potential. Right from a 2-hour tour of 5 exhibits, 3D calligraphy, space journey, digital Amazon forest, and interactive technologies, the Museum of Future in Dubai has a lot more in store for you.
Book your visit to the Future Museum to discover a new world and wonders, explore a library of life and wonders of nature, revive yourselves, and witness the world with new eyes.
Did you know about the First Sleep Concert in UAE?