Are you planning to immigrate to Canada from India? There are several ways for Canada immigration from India and thus secure PR status. Candidates who are aspiring to immigrate to Canada can find diverse policies and programs that enable them to move to Canada and settle there. Although there is a high need for skilled workers in Canada, there are certain guidelines set by the government for accepting applicants in immigration programs. Because they don’t fulfil all the criteria needed by the government, many worthy applicants interested in moving to Canada are left out.
Choosing immigrants to live in Canada is a tough job for the Canadian government. There are numerous different programs for migrating to Canada. However, each has its own requirements that the applicants interested in settling there must meet. This article helps you get all the information you need to know about Canadian immigration with ease.
Why immigrate to Canada?
If you have big goals for yourself and your family, moving to Canada might be the most exhilarating and life-changing choice. People immigrate to Canada for a variety of reasons, not just to relocate to a new country. They enjoy its great weather, easy lifestyle, and unsurpassable quality of life. Canada is also said to be the most peaceful country globally, with Vancouver, Toronto, and Calgary being the most livable cities.
Canada has the most extensive immigration policies. No matter whether you are a student, entrepreneur, skilled worker, or visitor, there are visa streams and migration programs to address what you need for your visa. Canada has an Express Entry System that makes migration possible for skilled workers from India, and they can live the life they have dreamt of. There is a system in place that is designed to streamline and control those who immigrate to Canada from India. Only immigrants with the necessary experience and skills to meet the demands of the Indian labour market are invited.
If you are wondering why immigrate to Canada, the answer is clear- Canada has the most relaxed immigration policies. Here are the reasons why migrating to Canada is the best choice:
- Canada has been constantly ranked as one of the most sought-after countries with migration policies that are favourable. The country has also been voted by the United Nations as the best country to live in, as it has a superb standard of living, a low crime rate, a good healthcare system, favourable jobs, and a wonderful climate.
- Canada has a welcoming attitude towards people who immigrate to Canada. There are visas like student pathways and work permits that allow one to appeal for permanent residency once one meets the minimum eligibility needs.
- Canada has a diverse culture. Citizens of Canada are free to live as per their own faith and follow their religion and language without any limitations.
- Canada is free of corruption and terrorist activities. The crime rate in the country is very low, and that makes Canada a country that is safe to live in and raise a family.
- When you have Canadian permanent residency, you are entitled to receive welfare benefits from the Government of Canada and facilities like free education, free medical facilities, unemployment insurance, and old age insurance.
How to migrate to Canada from India?
Following are the steps you need to take when you want to immigrate to Canada from India:
- Determine your eligibility
- Submit the IELTS certificate and complete an Education Credential Assessment
- Make an Express Entry profile
- Make sure you have all the documents for the invitation to the application
- The visa application must be submitted within 60 days of getting an ITA
- PCC reports and medical test results must be submitted
- Stamping of Visa
Things you should know Canada immigration
- You must receive a minimum of 67 points out of 100 based on important factors like language proficiency (English/French), education, age, work experience, etc., in order to make an application to immigrate to Canada from India via Express Entry immigration.
- Only a diploma will suffice as a qualification for a Canadian PR visa application. However, you might need a higher qualification based on the occupation (NOC code) for which you are applying. You must have completed your graduation or above to score good points for immigration.
- The Federal Express Entry system and most PNPs require a minimum CLB 7 level of English proficiency, i.e., a minimum IELTS band six score in all four abilities of the English language. With higher proficiency, you can earn more points to move to Canada from India. Fill out the free assessment form today to confirm your eligibility for Canadian immigration.
Best ways to migrate to Canada
The best way to immigrate to Canada from India will depend on your profile and connections with the country. First of all, you should understand that there is no one simple way to immigrate to Canada. While some Canada immigration programs are quite simple for you to apply to, there might be too many steps and long processes. Here are the different programs that can be used to get a Canadian permanent residence:
Express Entry – Federal Skilled Worker
In order to qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) stream, applicants must have had at least one year of experience working in a skilled occupation. Everyone who is eager to immigrate to Canada from India is given a score based on points, and the process is incredibly competitive since it uses a complicated ranking system called the Comprehensive Ranking System. Migration will only be granted to the best applicants.
More than half of all Express Entry invitations were extended to nationals of India in 2021, with the majority of these invitations coming through the Federal Skilled Worker stream.
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)
Each of Canada’s thirteen provinces and territories has its own immigration programme in addition to the federal government’s. These kinds of programs are referred to as PNPs, which stands for “Provincial Nominee Programs.” Since every province’s population and economy are unique, the immigration programmes that each province offers are one-of-a-kind and specifically designed to meet the demands of that province’s population and economy.
PNPs are a popular option since they can be the quickest way to obtain permanent residency in Canada for individuals who do not have sufficient CRS points to be eligible for an ITA. This makes them an appealing choice.
The Provincial Nominee Program accounts for a sizeable portion of Canada’s overall economic immigration, making it one of the country’s most important immigration channels. Out of the estimated total of 232,500 economic immigrants for the year 2021, 88 were reserved for those who applied through a provincial nominee program. In point of fact, Canada accepted three times the original number of drawings for Express Entry, particularly for PNP, in 2021 as compared to 2020.
Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW)
The province of Quebec runs its own immigration scheme specifically for those with specialised skills. The Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSW) is an immigration programme sponsored by the province of Quebec for applicants who have expertise in skilled employment and who are likely to make a significant contribution to the economy of Quebec once they begin working there. The applicants are scored on a point scale similar to that of Express Entry, and then only certain applicants are offered an invitation to submit an application. To be eligible for permanent residency in the province of Quebec, applicants need to get a Quebec Selection Certificate, also known as a CSQ. The next step is for them to submit an application for permanent residence as well as a certificate stating that they have no criminal record. The process of applying for a CSQ involves two steps: first, an individual must file an application with the provincial government of Quebec for a CSQ, and then, if their application is successful, the provincial government of Quebec will provide a CSQ. After that, an individual is required to submit an application for permanent residence to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada.
Atlantic Immigrant Pilot Program (AIPP)
This program is designed for skilled workers and overseas graduates who want to stay in any of the four Atlantic provinces of Canada. The four provinces are
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Employers are driving this program that is supposed to support employees in getting permanent residence and the advantages that come with it. A fresh graduate from any publicly funded university in the Atlantic Canadian province, or a skilled worker who meets the programme standards, is required.
Federal Skilled Trades Class Program (FSTP)
Based on their credentials in a particular trade, skilled individuals can get permanent residence through the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP). Canada’s Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship department are in charge of this initiative.
Business Immigration Program
The Canadian Business Immigration Program was developed to open up new possibilities in the local markets. This program permits skilled migrants to live and work in Canada. It is ideal for businessmen, the self-employed, and entrepreneurs.
The Business Immigration Program has the following major categories:
1) Self-employed Program
One can apply to this program when they:
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in their chosen field
- Meet skills or tertiary requirements
- Are between 18-35 years of age
- Has proficiency in the official languages of Canada
- Possess the flexibility to blend into Canada’s culture
2) Start-up Visa
Qualified migrant entrepreneurs are granted permanent residence by the Canadian Start-Up Visa program. Candidates applying for the Start-Up Visa program must fulfil the following qualification requirements:
- Have a business that is qualified
- A letter of support and a commitment certificate from a selected organisation
- Adequately available settlement funds that are transferable (amounts differ each year)
- English or French language proficiency that matches the Canadian Language Benchmark level 5
3) Entrepreneur Visa Program
This program is for business owners. The person applying must be eager to start or finance a business in Canada.
The following criteria must be met for the Entrepreneur Visa program:
- Owning a legal and lucrative business
- Possessing at least 25% of the capital equity
- Within five years of the date of application, one has to have at least two years of experience running a business.
- Willing to generate new jobs in Canada
- Having $300,000 in assets
Work Permits / Intra-Company Transfers
Some citizens of India might qualify to get a Canadian work permit. To get a work permit in Canada, you need an employment offer. However, intra-company transfers are a notable exception to this. You might qualify to get transferred to an office in Canada without much paperwork if your employer is part of a corporate giant with offices in Canada.
Family Class Sponsorship
You might qualify for family-class sponsorship if you have a relative who is qualified to sponsor you while you are in Canada. Canada offers several immigration programs that allow citizens to sponsor their families to immigrate to Canada. Qualified family members can work, study, and live in Canada. The Family Class Sponsorship Program allows one to support their spouse, common-law partner, or live-in partner, their children, their parents, and their eligible family members. The family member sponsoring the entry should be a permanent Canadian resident or a Canadian citizen, or an individual registered as an Indian in Canada according to the Canadian Indian Act.
How to apply for Canada Immigration from India?
Canada is all set to welcome millions of immigrants from India and several other countries through its diverse immigration programs. Choosing the right consultant will help you ease your Canada immigration process. If you are looking for guidelines to immigrate to Canada from India, follow the steps below.
- Check your eligibility
- Gather IELTS and ECA documents
- Earn 67 points using FSW
- Send the EOI through the EE System
- Submit a Canada PR application
- Obtain a PR visa approval
Need a Canada Immigration Lawyer?
Hiring a lawyer in Canada is not mandatory thing. In spite of the fact that some Canadian immigration policies and procedures may seem straightforward, the underlying legal issues and consequences are actually rather complicated. A competent immigration lawyer in Canada would be able to prevent the majority of mistakes committed by self-represented applicants, which can result in expensive delays or a disfavorable outcome.
A lot of Indian families are settled in Canada, which gives the new immigrants a sense of belonging and community. The point-based permanent residency program in Canada is one of the simplest immigration programs in the world. Canada is a country famed for its immigrants, as it has a steady economy and a diverse culture. It is the best country to apply for permanent residency as there is a rising demand for skilled labour. Over 1 million fresh immigrants will be granted Permanent Residence (PR) visas by the Canadian government in the coming three years. The majority of these new arrivals will be invited under programs for economic immigration or skilled migration, such as the Express Entry System, the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), etc. Therefore, now is the ideal moment to begin preparing your application and submit it for a Canadian PR visa if you are a skilled tradesman pursuing Permanent Residency (PR) in Canada.